12/02/2010

LOVIN BRAZIL, Wed. December 1, 2010


Dave or Dad's 50th birthday! Oi, it's another week here in Brazil, oh my heavens that trick we played on my companion was so funny! He was shaking after it was all over, and the best part, it's all on video! haha I love the mission! So this week has been very fast, and very long at the same time, sorry that letters or emails are starting to get shorter, I'll try and do better, but once you start getting so focused on the mission, it's what starts to happen, we had zone conference this week and got a bunch of presents from President, it was so great, we got up and we told everyone what we loved about our companion, haha it was funny, I said some weird things about him so everyone would laugh, and at the conference there was a Christmas tree that we put the pictures of all the recent converts from the month, it was awesome and full of people, we had 5 baptisms this last week, a family of 4 and one other person! The Lord is blessing us so much, you all know how crazy I am, just imagine that, but more animated and that is how I am as a missionary, I put everything I can into the mission!!! everything!!! and well when p day rolls around I'm so so so tired, haha I think that's why my letters are getting shorter! We found another family that we are going to baptize next week too, another family of 5, they are so awesome and are so ready for the gospel, it is amazing to see how God has already prepared people so well! Thank you so much for all the support, letters, and packages! I love you all tons! When life gets hard it is because something is out of order! If you are sad in life figure out what is not in order and fix it, there was a talk in stake conference that was so good about this, they were talking about people who are trying to find happiness through material possessions, will never find it, because they will always want something that they don't have, that's why it is so important to count our blessings of the things we already have. I see people that are so poor that you can't even imagine, and so many of them can be the happiest people I know! Money does not bring happiness, God and our families do!!! Love you all have a great week!

love
Elder Anderson

Letter to Dad:

DAAAADDDD HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! PARA BENS PARA VOCE!
AHHHHH I AM SO SO SO HAPPY FOR YOU! YOU ARE GETTING OLDER BUT THE AWESOME THING WITH US GUYS, AS WE GET OLDER WE GET BETTER LOOKING! LIFE IS SO SHORT, THINK OF ETERNITY, YOU ARE SUPER YOUND IN COMPARISON OF ETERNITY, I HEARD A THING ABOUT ETERNITY THAT I REALLY LIKED, IMAGINE YOU HAVE A ROPE AND THE ROPE WILL GO IN ONE DIRECTION FOR ETERNITY AND WILL GO IN THE OTHER DIRECTION FOR ETERNITY, AND IMAGINE YOU TAKE A LITTLE STRING AND YOU TIE IT AROUND THE MIDDLE OF THE ROPE, ALL THE AREA FROM THE LEFT OF THE STRING WAS OUR LIFE BEFORE THIS LIFE AND TO THE RIGHT THE LIFE AFTER THIS LIFE, AND THE LITTLE STRING REPRESENTS THE TIME WE HAVE IN THIS LIFE! YOU ARE STILL SUPER YOUND AND IN GREAT SHAPE! I CANT WAIT TO LOOK LIKE YOU WHEN I GET OLDER, ILL BE JUST A LITTLE TALLER HAHAHA I LOVE YOU DAY! HAVE AN AMZING BIRTHDAY, SMILE TONS AND REMEBER YOU WILL ALWAYS BE MY DAD AND YOU WILL HAVE ALL MY LOVE ALWAYS!
LOVE
ELDER ANDERSON

No comments: