12/08/2010

Christmas in Brazil, Wednesday, December 8, 2010

FELIZ NATAL
Alright, it is starting to be that time of the year again! Wow, Christmas is going to be so different here! There are no decorations and there is no one talking about Christmas, I think they are going to have a family dinner and that's it, it's going to be fun to celebrate a non commercialized Christmas, where we celebrate the birth of Christ!

So this week! I have had a pretty normal week, the first in a while and it was very nice, just finding people to be baptized. We have been finding a lot the last two days, they are going to receive the best Christmas present possible this Christmas! Every where you go in the world the people are different but the church is the same, there is going to be a Christmas party in the ward this next week and hopefully some delicious food! It has been raining a ton here this last week, and it makes doing laundry so hard, especially because we have a washing tank that we share with our neighbor. When they need to wash their clothes we pass it over the wall to them! hahaha, oh my I love Brazil! You see things you wouldn't even imagine in the states, but here they just start to be a normal everyday thing! The mission brings so much joy to my life, learning, and loving the people! To watch these families who have every problem in the world, start to change, and I have the great blessing of being here for a while and seeing the people I baptized at the first of my time here till now, having callings in the church, going to the temple to do baptisms for the dead, watching them bless the sacrament, get the Aaronic and Melchizedek Priesthoods, watching them give blessings and the blessing helping someone else, there is no greater joy then this, I am going to have a great Christmas basking in the joy of the Lord! I love you all so much and hope you are having a great Christmas season! until next week
love
Elder Anderson

No comments: