9/09/2010

New Missionary Training, Thursday September 9, 2010

So it has been another week here in the beautiful country of Brazil! So this week, we have spent a lot of time in a little sacrament chapel learning how to be better leaders in the mission! Everything is being changed in the mission program! They have a new curriculum that everyone is going to be using! I have learned so much the past 3 days on how I can improve my teaching and how we can bring more souls unto God! I am so grateful for this opportunity to serve God and to serve the people here in Brazil! I love learning Portuguese and I love the lifetime friends I am going to have! So I want to give a couple of shout outs, first I want to say happy birthday to my brothers!! They are such studs and I look up to them so much! and I want to give a shout out to my Grandma Hanks! She is very beautiful and I love her! and I want to give a shout out to Marissa for going through the temple and I want to say how proud I am of her for the amazing decision she has made to serve a mission! Watch out SLC, UTAH. My mission has changed my life! I can see finally I know what is important and I know that through God, I can do anything! I realize how important the gospel in my life is, there are a lot of people that say they have faith and want to follow God but they are doing nothing to show it, read James 2:17
(Even so faith, if it has not works, is dead, being alone.)
We need to do work and earn the right to be happy! If we do our part God will do his part! We have the capability to do whatever we want and have as much happiness as we want, but we need to do something! Doing the simple things will bring us true happiness
1 Going to church
2 Reading scriptures every day
3 Saying prayers morning night and afternoon
4 Keeping the commandments of God

These are the things that will bring happiness in our lives! So if you're not doing all this you know what to improve, now go improve and receive the blessings of God and the happiness in your life that you deserve! I love you all so much and all I want is for all of you to be incredibly happy! Thanks for all the love you show me and for bringing more happiness in my life! Have a great week and I will talk to you next Wednesday!
love
Elder Anderson

No comments: